Whether you are about to start a learning journey or are already on it, it’s important to set up the appropriate environment in order to have a pleasant and peaceful learning experience. So, first of all, let’s create a space that you can call yours, your ‘me space’:
- A study corner – a place where you only visit to study and nothing else. This place will be your learning sanctuary, so take some time preparing and decorating it to look so attractive that you will be longing for it every day.
Once your study corner is all set, you are ready to jump in and start your learning journey.
This week I’d like you to focus on organizing your studying routine. Even if you are not taking classes at a specific time, think about what you do every day. If you work 9 to 5, for example, trying to squeeze time to learn in your working hours isn’t going to help you. So think about rebuilding your routine according to your schedule.
- Do a physical activity (exercise, dance, stretch, walk, run)
- Eat something that makes you feel good and healthy
- Go to your study corner
- Take some deep breaths. While you do that, practice some gratitude exercises:
- Be thankful for the day that is about to start;
- your brain that is going to learn all kinds of new things;
- your memory that kindly keeps so much of everything we hold dear;
- your eyes for being able to see;
- your ears and your month for helping you communicate;
- And be thankful for all these things that we often take for granted. Still, without them, life wouldn’t be easy.
- Start studying
You don’t have to do this in this exact order, but make sure to do items 4 and 5 together so you can slow down your heart rate and clear your mind before pushing yourself hard to learn.
While reading this book, I’d like you to try to build a better sleep routine. We will talk more about sleeping habits in one other chapter; But from now on, think of ways to wind down before going to bed and how to bring more quality into your sleep.
You will realise that as you make slight modifications to your habits, your brain will start to give in, and you will be able not only to learn more but learn with quality. You are about to change more than your habits with this guide; you are about to improve your life positively.