Another year has passed and you made it!
In today’s post, we will take a few minutes to congratulate ourselves for being where we are right now. Whether is where you would like to be or not, you did your best and you should feel proud of yourself…
I know, though, that sometimes when we look back is hard to find good memories or to feel proud of our achievements, so today we are going to learn how to manage these emotions so we can start the new year with a clean slate.
Let’s start by getting ourselves in a safe and comfortable position. I’d like to bring your awareness to your breathing and as you do that, take some nice and deep breaths and let go of any tension that you might be feeling.
Let’s open chapter 2021 of the book of our lives:
- Notice that the first page of your book is full of images.
- It contains hundreds of beautiful, colourful, happy images, experiences that brought you joy, happiness, grown and excitement. However, some of the images are more difficult, some of the images cause tension when you think about them, some of them are dark and remind you of pain and other images have felt stuck in your body for years, and years… Take a moment to think about them.
- As you get to the first image that feels stuck, heavy, or dark notice that image.
- Recall that event
- Look at what was happening on the page.
- Notice the detail.
- Is it recorded in ink? Pencil? in colour? How has that memory recorded itself in the book of your life?
- Now, allow that image on that page to expand and enlarge, becoming really, really big on that page.
- Allow the image to get bigger and stronger than originally was on the page.
- Allow the image to become bold and bright and let yourself get in touch with the feelings of that event.
- As the images on the page become bigger, you will notice that the feelings are becoming stronger.
- Now just as the feelings are coming to their pick the images begin to fade.
- Allow the images to fade, retrieving back onto the page and the ink, or whatever substance it was created in soaking into the page and despairing, becoming so thin…
- Now you cannot even see it at all, the page is blank!
- Now, you take out that page you rip right out of your book and throw it into the fire.
- Now, with that page out of your book, you feel lighter, happier, free…
- Now, return to the book of your life and go to the next image that brings you tension, pain, or fear and repeat the process.
Whenever you need to clean or repair your inner world, come back to this post. You don’t have to wait until the beginning of a new year to do it, every day is a good day to clean ourselves and learn how to deal with our emotions. Happy New Year!