To get the best from your online classes
By studying online, you choose your own learning environment that works best for your needs. Isn’t that awesome? Yes, it is. However, to get the best from your online classes you need to have SELF-DISCIPLINE.
I have put together six tips that will improve your learning and concentration:
- Sit down properly to study – sitting upright will help you to focus and pay attention while helping you to retain more information. Every hour of studying this way could be worth two hours of studying on the bed or sofa.
- Isolate yourself – Whether it’s the kitchen table or the desk in your bedroom, create an area to study that is a designated study zone. Most importantly, keep your study space clean and organized so you can put more time into studying (and less trying to find a pen that works).
- Avoid any distraction – Put your phone on silent mode and place it at the other end of the room. If you see that you are about to get distracted, take a deep breath and ask people around you to give you privacy, then close the door.
- Check your internet connection & camera before the class – Don’t turn your computer on when your class is about to start. Turn it on at least 15 minutes before the class and make sure that everything is working so you can use every single minute of your class to learn instead of trying to solve the problem.
- Have a drink nearby – By having a drink nearby you don’t have to stop during the class to go and get one. After all, every time you have to do that you lose focus, but the same will also happen if you are thirsty, so leave a bottle of water around as well as a cup of tea or coffee to keep you up.
- Take notes and review them – especially in conversation classes. if you don’t understand something ask your teacher and write it down.